As I sat there, enjoying my cup, a man came over to the table and hooked up his laptop. When I go to Starbucks I usually put on my earbuds, listen to music or read the newspaper. But I didn't have a chance to do any of that because that man started up a conversation with me. At first it was good, he asked me what I did, what I was drinking...small talk. Then he did a total 180 degree ...he started telling me his conspiracy theories of 911, the government and alien invasions. I am one to sit and listen, if you have something to say, I will have this conversation. But this man was creeping me out. Each time he would stop talking, he would say, "and that's the last thing I will say...didn't mean to bother you." The first time he said that I was ok with it, since sometimes, I too, can talk nonstop. But after the third "and that's the last thing I will say...didn't mean to bother you." I got really annoyed. He wanted to know why I didn't believe in aliens if we humans carried an extra DNA trade that says we are part of the reptile family...blah blah blah...I was annoyed. He then told me he was going to go outside. So I made a run for it and left. He totally ruined my morning routine.
I went to rent some movies and brought them back to my apartment. I was picking up clothes from the floor, cleaning up a bit and I bent over to reach for a shoe and I felt a sharp pain on my lower back. Like a muscle or tendon twisted or something. I have been moving very slowly, I couldn't even walk to my bed without feeling some major pain. This is not the way to start my vacation.
For now, I am in bed, wishing I had some Tylenol.
No comments:
Post a Comment