I snoozed the alarm for about an hour. Really with no place to go, I took my time to get up. The RLWT wasn't expecting me until Thursday, so I decided to take the day off and just chill.
My first stop, as always, was Starbucks where I met a guy who had just interviewed with an oil and gas company. He was hoping to get the job as an engineer. He had flown from Ohio. We talked over tea, well, he had an iced tea and I had an iced coffee. He asked me about Midland and if I liked living here. Then the man sitting next to use, joined in the conversation - uninvited. He started talking about how this place is not fun, it's not bike friendly. He's that man I have spoken to before, he's couch surfing at night and spending his days at Starbucks.
He's the man that told me once, "I probably shouldn't tell you this because you are a teacher, but I dropped out of high school."
Really, what do you say to a man who just told you that. Do you say, "You bad man! Go back to school!"
Anyway, the guy from Ohio left and another man who is already an engineer in the oil business started talking to me. I like how I can just make conversation with anyone there. And I like that the staff has not kicked me out for solicitation. Today I was there for almost four hours.
Later I met up with my friend and we had adult beverages and hung out by the pool.



No comments:
Post a Comment