The day was fun. I played with Aly.
And played some more outside.
Then spent time with Caleb, watching him play some game on my iPad.
Then I watched them swim in the pool.
Then as we waited for dinner, we goofed around and took tons of photos. Abuelito gave Caleb $10 so we celebrated with photos.
And then we had an extremely big dinner. Grilled chicken, grilled corn, moms famous and very delicious rice and beans. Avocado and tomatoe salad and grilled Mexican green peppers.
Then Aly and Caleb helped with putting candles on my cake.
And Aly waited patiently.
But not before taking some more photos.
And then the happy birthday song and yummy cake followed.
And then, the gifts started! I honestly was not expecting any. I didn't want any. I didn't demand any. All I wanted was dinner with family and a cake. But I got this:
That banner has been handing there since Aly's 3rd birthday in June. My family got me a fitbit!!! OMG! No more using my iPhone to track my steps!! I wanted to cry. I kept saying, "I just wanted cake."
And then my mom tells me she has another gift for me. I know, this is silly, but I have wanted a slow cooker for ever! I was not at all prepared for all the gifts and love my family gave me.
I feel so blessed to have them all in my life. In my head, I just wanted cake! I wanted to share today with the people that I love and care for the most. My real birthday will be spent working and preparing for school, but I won't worry because I made amazing memories with my family today.













No comments:
Post a Comment