Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Beyond the veil

I took half a day off today to relax, so I headed off to the happiest place on earth - Starbucks.

I am so lucky to have an awesome principal and DC who understand I need time to relax before the test. Either that or they are probably just wanting to say, "sweet baby Jesus can you just please pass this test??!!" 

I got my afternoon snack:


And listened to some music, but I couldn't help it...


And


I have been studying for the last 9 months. I can say that the last three times I have taken this test have all been practice tests...very expensive practice tests, but there's really nothing I can do now.

The last three times I have been stressing, staying up late and stressing out. All I can do now is pray, pray, pray and hope for the best.


And I can read this prayer before the test. My DC sent me this. How very nice of her to cheer me on! I just hope I don't fail the test. I can't take another failure.

In other news, today as I was drinking my iced coffee and relaxing the day away, not thinking about the test, a man asked if I didn't mind he sitting in my table. I told him I didn't mind. He started talking to me. How he was from Dallas, he was here on business, on a quick break before he headed out. We spoke for about an hour. He asked me about work, I asked him about work. Then before he left, he told me something so random. Something that I hadn't heard in a very long time. He said I was gorgeous and if he could have my number because he didn't want to stop talking to me.

His comment caught me by surprise. I honestly have not heard this from a man...correction...straight man. I say that because my 3 BFFs are gay men and although I love them to death and they tell me nice comments, it's always nice to hear it from a straight man. Sorry Jordan, David and JR...haha...but it's true.

Truth be told, after the Acosta heartbreak of 2012 and 2014, I had honestly given up on that four letter word. For a long time I was numb inside and accepted the fact that after my divorce, I would probably never find anyone again. And that was ok because I had accepted it. I love me, my job and where God has lead me. If I had someone, I probably would have settled and ended up in an unhappy life and job. But I have survived my ex leaving me...after 10 years of being together. So some random man from another city ...some unknown man, telling me he thought I was gorgeous was a nice compliment.

Maybe I am getting way too personal here, but I had already surrendered to the fact that I would probably be single for the rest of my life.

That man telling me that, was a sign that maybe there's still hope and I shouldn't give up. At least not yet.

Ok, I should probably go to bed. I want to take a practice test, but what for? I am ready. No need to stress. I just need to take the exam. Nothing I can do now. 

Ok, good night world.


No comments: