I am ok. But my car isn't.
I know I should be crying and worried about me, but I have been more worried about my Bubba 3.0
She's only a month and four days old!
How did this all happen?
I had spent the morning at Starbucks, studying because my friend wanted to meet me at work.
You know, lesson planning and open house on Monday. Wanted to get things in order. I also have an instructional coach coming to my first period to model theme for me.
I had just left Walgreens, my favorite location. And I made a left on one of the main roads to get to her house. I was at a red light, waiting...thinking about everything I have to for the week and rocking to some Taylor Swift music when wam! A big white F-250 hit me. It rear ended my car. At first I was like...what happened? Then I saw the big truck right behind me. I drove my car off to the side and the truck wasn't moving. It was stopped at the light still. Having watched lots of news and remembering my days as a reporter, I wondered if that man was going to make a run for it. I was like, "oh hell no."
I got off my car, so angry, upset. How dare this man crash Into me? I have work to do today. I have planning for school, grocery shopping, laundry to do...more studying!
As I was getting off the car, I felt a sharp pain on my chest and then some neck pain. I walked to the corner. A man selling food at a food truck looked up from cooking and said, "He's going to get away." I walked to the corner of the intersection and took my phone out. No, not to call 911, that occurred to me later. I started taking photos of the truck and license plates. In case he drove off. At this time I had no idea what kind of injuries my car had sustained, I was just angry.
Then I called 911 to get a cop.
"Do you need an ambulance?" The operator said.
"I need a cop, this man is not moving from the road and looks like he's on the phone."
The man then drove and parked next to me. He got off.
"Why did you hit me? It was a red light, didn't you see??"
I was so angry.
Then I looked at my car and got more upset.
The accident happened, literally no lie, half a block from my apartment.
The poor man asked if I was ok, he apologized. But I was so upset and angry.
The cop showed up. He took our information.
"Wow, your car doesn't even have license plates yet..." He said.
"Are you sure you don't need an ambulance ma'am?" The officer asked.
My friend showed up. I had told her a man had hit me and offered to come to make sure I was ok.
I got my case number and then went to her house. After I started to relax my body started to hurt. Knees, chest, neck and lower back.
I drove myself to the hospital.
And a football game was on my tv. The horror. My shoulder hurt so much and I couldn't stretch my arm. So I was stuck watching. I think the nurse saw the horror in my face and gave me the remote. She was nice.
It was Texas Tech and someone else, who knows.
Some X-rays later and check up from the doctor, I was released.
This is the third trip to the ER in 2014. Seriously, I have lived in Midland for a year and would like to see the inside of a different building. Something that doesn't require me to be registered and poked and asked to remove my clothing and put on some weird, thin hospital gown. Not cool.
The front desk, nurse and doctor all said I was the nicest patient ever. They were thanking me for being so patient. The doctor said they get some rude people come through and it's always a treat to get nice people.
Overall a not so bad experience after all.
I was released, got some food and painfully walked up the stairs to my apartment.
I did sleep well.






No comments:
Post a Comment