Thursday, October 09, 2014

Just a little coffee in the mornings

***I wrote this entry at 6:30 am.***

I am sitting at my local Starbucks, listening to all the noise. The sound of the coffee machine is going off, people ordering their weird drinks. "I will have a double latte espresso cappuccino with a splash of Splenda, dry and add whipped cream." 

What the what?

Whatever happened to just ordering regular black coffee?

When it's Christmas time, I enjoy ordering my favorite, peppermint mocha. If I could, I would order five at a time. They are so delicious. But I only order them during the month of December. That's symbolic to me. That Christmas time. That means cold weather, wearing tons of sweaters and scarfs. The smell of warmth, yummy delicious cooking and family.

Like Zach Morris, I will "pause" here, just noticed the time and I must head to work now. As tired as I am, my body aches so much, I will head on to work.

***writing this at 9 pm***

Work went well today. I had some issues during my 3rd period. That is my last years "8th period." Well, not as loud and crazy, but it's near that level. They start off a bit loud, but once I redirect them, they get to work. We have official observations from our department chair next week. I am hoping and praying and doing a few Indian dances, she does not (for the love of God) don't show up! But with my terrible luck, she will. But I hope she doesn't.

I was so tired I came straight home from school and at 7:30, remembered I had free tickets to the concert tonight. But my body was in so much pain, I decided against going. I hope the concert was fun!

I am reviewing my lesson for tomorrow. It's about poetry. I am fearful of poetry. I don't like poetry. Dear lord, how will I teach poetry?

Here is my poem about poetry.

Poetry scares me.
Poetry go away.
Keep that smile on my face because, yep, I am teaching poetry.

Between poetry and spiders (which I am deathly afraid of) I would rather kiss one.

Dear lord, please no spiders, no poems.

Traditional poems.
Organic poems.
Whichever it is - save me from this mess. I loath you...poems.

Between teaching you and teaching astro physics, yep I am going physics. 

I would rather dress up like a clown and walk like a flan. I would rather drink Folgers coffee, than my lovely Starbucks. 

No poems please.

Types of feet.
Number of feet.
Trimeter, tetrameter, pentaminer? Who knows, but that's a poem?

Poems. Poems.
I don't like you, I don't like you... poems.

No comments: