Sunday, October 12, 2014

Somewhat relaxing Sunday

I stayed in bed all morning. The alarm went off at 5 am, but didn't bother to get up. Closed my eyes and slept some more. At 9 am, I thought of warm coffee and a bacon and egg taco, but I was too warm to get up. At 11 am I got really hungry and got up. Just as I was getting ready to walk out the door, got a text from one of the English teachers. She wanted to know if I wanted to meet her at work. Sure, I though. I was planning on going to get some stuff ready for tomorrow.

Today I used one of my free drinks at starbucks and actually ordered a peppermint mocha. I broke my December ritual. I have been craving one since the last time I wrote about them. It was so delicious.

At work, I arranged my folders with the kids writing samples. I had been neglecting to do that since the beginning of school and with my luck, someone would have gone to my room and asked to see the writing folders. At least I am kind of ready. I also went to make copies for tomorrow lesson, but the printer was not working. It kept telling me it was waiting for the network. I hope it works tomorrow, I have 100 copies to make!
I was able to make my bathroom passes. Instead of making copies because it wouldn't let me, I just printed 20 copies from my computer.


I also fixed this last week.


I got permission from my principal, I promise!! I had asked him if it was considered "vandalizing" if a teacher would go in and fix a poster that was not well written. He asked which one it was, we had a laugh and told him I wanted him to know before I changed it. 

Tomorrow is doom's day and I still have not decided If I will check my scores tomorrow or never. Like I told my principal when he asked me the other day during bus duty...if you see me jumping for joy, you know I passed. If you see my crying uncontrollably, well, you better be there for me.

Like I said, I can't keep failing. This has been by far the hardest year for me, ever. Things for me have come so easy. I have always believed if you want something, go for it. The sky is the limit. And I have proved that over and over again. This year however, has been different. I have been to the hospital 3 times, I have crashed my brand new car, failed this test more times that I can count and I am still single. I am keeping the faith. 



No comments: