But I met my walking goal, so yay!
It sure felt like I walked more, but oh well.
My day started off with eating yummy food that the PTA gave us teachers to celebrate the end of the second grading cycle.
It go serious. Muffins, tacos, fruit and OMG starbucks coffee.
I stopped by my mailbox and got two letters from two students. One of the letters made me cry.
She's the student that gave me a pickle at the game. Also that part about Chick-Fil-A...I didn't almost run over her, that's just a joke we talk about. The first week of school I was driving In the CFA parking lot and I saw her and her friends walking slowly. I honked and waved and she waved back. The next day she said I was trying to run her over, but we laugh every time she mentions it.
I cried because I stress about the kids. I wonder if they are understanding me when I teach. Am I doing enough as a teacher? Then I think about my test and how I don't want to let go of this job and how much I want to keep doing it. Stress, long hours...all worth it when I get a note like this from a student.
Here's another note:
After school, I went to volunteer at Feast of Sharing. I was originally going to be on my own, but one of the other teachers mentioned she was taking her group, so I joined them.
I got there about an hour before the group, so I waited.
But the lady organizing told me to go eat since it would be a while. And so I did.
After I started working, picking up trash from tables, I saw HEBuddy and jumped at the chance to take a photo with him! I know, lame. But heck, he's cool.







No comments:
Post a Comment