Friday, January 02, 2015

Out of the rain

Today's plan to leave for Midland were placed on hold. There's this big arctic storm that doesn't want to leave the area and I am told all the roads are covered in ice, it's rainy and there's snow, and lots of it. I have watched news clips where people are standed on the highway or at a standstill. So yeah, I am in no rush to get back at all.

This morning I drove to pick up my sister from the airport. At 5 am I drove to this massive airport that was a ball of messiness. Turn here, exit here, park here, left, right...aaaah! Airports stress me out because I never know where the heck to turn. Luckily there's not much traffic at that time, so I was able to maneuver my way through. When I dropped her off on Tuesday, it went well of course.

After I picked her up we went to eat at this cafe that was featured on the Food Network and it was the most delicious food ever.


Seriously, it was amazing.

We napped and hung out the rest of the day and then headed to dinner before heading back to the airport (third time for me) and pick up my sisters boyfriend. They flew in different airlines and times because of cost. Darn you airlines! It was super rainy all day and going up there was no different. I had to be more alert and aware of everything. We had to pick him up from a different airline and so the terminal was different. 

We are back home now and still trying to decide if I should leave tomorrow or stay through Sunday. I really am in no rush, as long as I make it on time for work on Monday, I am ok. I haven't been to my apartment in about 13 days...what's another day right?

I am exhausted and just want to go to bed. Just 237 more days to go!
 

No comments: