Saturday, February 14, 2015

First day

I feel like I am preparing for the first day of school. I am going somewhere new and I need to prepare. I have my to do list for tomorrow before the surgery on Monday. I remember like it was yesterday, the doctor told me what was going to happen in two weeks. Well, time has come and gone and Monday is almost here.

The parental units are in Austin and will arrive tomorrow morning. I always worry when they travel long distances, especially up here to west Texas. If they didn't have a daughter up here, they would never ever drive here or visit.

These last couple of days were torture. I had ran out of my medication and the constant pain and cramps were killing me. Yesterday was no exception. I waited for my meds to get to Walgreens so I could get them. They took for ever. One of the meds that I am suppose to take the night before the surgery was rejected by the pharmacy. It was 3 pm by the time I had found out and I was frantically calling the doctor and the nurse because I wanted to make sure I got the meds. The doctor had told me I needed to take them. She said I could forget to do everything Sunday, but not this. These pills were important for the surgery.

After being on hold for 20 min a lady finally answered only to ask me to hold again. After 5 min, the call dropped and I started to cry. I was in a panic. I was in pain. I wanted relief and all I had on the mind was to get the meds I needed to take the night before. Not to mention it was Friday and the office closed at 5 pm.

I called until finally the lady took my call and finally helped me. A medication that had been called in at 10 am, had finally gone through at 6 pm and I for one was one happy person.


Very happy indeed.

I didn't take my medication until this morning and all I can say is hallelujah, praise the lord, sweet baby Jesus for the medication. The last few days felt like someone was ripping my insides. It was a constant, agonizing sharp pain and cramping. I felt so tired and drained from all the discomfort. But a few hours after I took it, I was a bit better.

My do's and don'ts before surgery, it's a long list.


After surgery I am going to ask my dad to drive me to whataburger for food. By the time they doctor does the surgery, I would have not had anything to eat, or drink for approximately 10 to 11 hours.

Today was spent cleaning the apartment. I also did laundry and made sure all was in order. I know it's a small apartment, but I want the apartment to look presentable for when my parents show up.


No comments: