Sunday, February 15, 2015

Last meal

I woke up again in such pain. I did go to bed early, but I was so restless. It does look like my body just gave up and I knocked out.


I couldn't sleepy and so I got up. My parents were set to arrive by noon time. I made sure I cleaned the apartment, finished laundry and relaxed. I was so tired and sleepy and in pain.

Once my parents showed up I was so happy to see them! My parents were here to take care of me. I can say I am a very independent self sufficient woman, I can go anywhere on my own with no problem, but having them around makes life beautiful. I can relax knowing that they are going to be there for me tomorrow when I am down. When I am in pain and possibly crying and hungry. In other words, when I am cranky and at my worst.

And let's face it, I am scared.

The side effects of the surgery is not a walk in the park. I am nervous about the anesthesia, the side effects the doctor read to me before I signed the concent form were troubling. Internal bleeding? Infection?

And to top it off, I am my surgents first surgery of the day. Oh gosh, that's nerve breaking. Like us teachers, we usually use the first period to test our lessons. By the end of the class period, we know what will work and what it won't and what needs to be tweaked. I just hope she does ok with my surgery.

But before all that I had my last meal tonight. Or should I say meals, before midnight.

Since I was not hungry, I skipped lunch, but did have a bowl of cereal before dinner was finished.


For my actual dinner, I had chicken caldo and then later had a cup of coffee with vanilla creamer. I know, I know, it's not like I am on death row and needed my last meal, I just wanted to enjoy this moment. What if tonight was my last meal. What if something happens? I pray to God everything turns out ok, and hope for the best, but sometimes, things just go wrong. I will say I will be very angry if something goes wrong. I want to be there for my niece and my nephew and I want to see them graduate and get married and even have children. I only hope the doctor can have peace tomorrow and things go great.

Off to spend some time with my parents. Laters.



No comments: