Thursday, March 05, 2015

Laryngitis day 100

At least it feels like I've had this forever. As soon as school is out, I rest my voice. This week I have not spoken to anyone after work, not even my parents. I have texted them in hopes that resting my voice will make me feel better. Mornings are fine, the kids understand that my voice is still not 100 percent and they listen to me. But all hell breaks loose in 8th period. Some of these kids have no respect. They yell, laugh, misbehave and I end up trying to raise my voice to get them to stay quiet. All that yelling (trying to yell) hurts my vocal cords so much and I end up with an irritated throat. Some just laugh at my situation, others in that class have been kind. I can't wait to get better. Not being able to utilize my voice fully is a nightmare.

Tomorrow I have my post observation meeting with my boss. I am nervous and excited and well, mostly nervous. I have no idea what he saw when I was teaching. Did I say something stupid? Did I not ask the right questions?

As soon as my meeting is over, I am leaving Midland and heading over to Fort Worth and pick up my sister. Saturday is Caleb's birthday party and I for one cannot wait. I am dying to see both Aly and Caleb and dying to hug them and kiss them and talk to them. So excited to see them!!

I should start packing.

No comments: